It's the start of the third trimester for Ranching Upgrade Mark II. Through extensive breeding, Duplicants have begun observing strange eggs... could this be a new species variation? Or a whole new creature? In addition, they've just finally noticed how cute those freshly-hatched critters are!
Meanwhile, some industrious plumber Duplicant has been busy in the lab to bring us new pipes and sensors, and it's a good thing too, because there's more ports to plug those sensors into.
All this new automation has given the Duplicants a power complex, and they've decided to make the whole world their sandbox. Mind that temperature tool!
If you're interested, you can help us test this new content for the next two weeks before it goes live. As always we appreciate your feedback, so please share your thoughts and opinions on the Suggestions Forum. Thank-you!
What does this preview contain so far?
The following content is available in the Ranching Upgrade Mark II preview:
- New Critter Morphs -- by breeding creatures new kinds of eggs might be laid
- Hatch Morphs
- Shine Bug Morphs
- Slickster Morphs
- Puft Morphs
- Hatch Morphs
- Baby critters added to the critter lifecycle
- New critters:
- Drecko Morphs
- Pacu Morphs
- Gaseous Element Sensor
- In-pipe sensors (liquid and gas)
- Germ sensor
- Element sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Germ sensor
- Radiant pipes (liquid and gas)
- Memory Bit logic component
- Added logic ports to many more buildings
- Sandbox Tools
- Sandbox mode can be enabled on new custom games, or from the pause menu
That's it! We hope you'll enjoy this preview of what's to come, and thank-you for your help testing out the new Upgrade! For more details on joining the preview branch, check out the official post.
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 264383 - 4/19/2018
- Fix crash when pressing the "z" key
- Baby critters will now call out occasionally
- Creature's recent diet will properly load to become poop, no more mass loss
- Cleaned up which creatures are listed in which feeders
- Fix for missing scales in Drecko art
- Basic Drecko is now a fibre producing critter, plastic Drecko is a Morph.
- Updated Shine Bug egg and baby artwork
- Tweaks to sub-priority selector
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265004 - 4/19/2018
- Tile hover text should now display correctly
- Cursor should not longer get stuck looking like a hand
- Sandbox UI should no longer appear offscreen
- Possible fix for bottom right buttons not being clickable
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265069 - 4/20/2018
- Another potential fix for the bottom right buttons not being clickable
- Tooltips on character select screen should now work
- Baby creatures should no longer die of old age before they get a chance to grow up
- Fixed a crash that could occur when cloning storage filter options
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deconstructing switches
- Pacus will slowly get tame from eating from the fish feeder
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265092 - 4/20/2018
- dupes should no longer sometimes appear to be invisible
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265257 - 4/23/2018
- Sleeping status item should no longer flicker on and off.
- Sage Hatch babies should now turn into Sage Hatch adults.
- Lightbug babies should now look like their parents.
- Hatches should no longer disappear when laying an egg or being groomed.
- Deconstructing the logic memory bit should no longer cause a crash.
- Shearing station should now require power.
- Dupes should no longer slide through doors.
- Baby hatches should no longer try and burrow into the ground.
- Loading a save file with dupes who are low on breath should no longer cause the dupes to be invisible.
- Debug painting crushed rock should no longer cause a crash.
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265438 - 4/24/2018
- Potentially fixed the remaining issues with Duplicants turning invisible.
- Pacus can no longer swim through two touching diagonal tiles.
- Pacus can no longer swim through mesh tiles.
- Pacus are slightly happy that they ate from a feeder.
- Ore should no longer fall/disappear on conveyors.
- Hat wearing Duplicant portraits should properly show their hat hair.
- Fixed an issue where a significant amount of translated strings were not properly loaded.
- Pipe overlays should render properly when using sandbox tools in an area covered by fog of war.
- Stone hatch eggs should now spawn Stone Hatchlings instead of adults.
- Layed eggs should now look like the creature that will hatch out of the egg instead of the creature that layed the egg.
- Fixed some Light Bugs not hatching the correct babies.
- Fixed Slicksters hatching as adults instead of babies.
- Thermal conductivity for heat exchange is now based on the average conductivity of the two elements instead of the minimum. This should improve the temperature exhchange of many things including radiant pipes.
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265550 - 4/24/2018
- Fixed another case of dupes going invisible
- Status items should work once again
- Misc crash fixes
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265646 - 4/25/2018
- Fixed another case where dupes could become invisible
- Adult pufts should no longer try and sleep
- Insulated tiles/pipes use the minimum of their thermal conductivity and the
- Elements they are transferring with
- All eggs should now be selectable
- Fixed a crash that could occur when painting toxic sand
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265689 - 4/25/2018
- Using a translation file with nested or mismatched "<link>" tags should no longer cause random crashes. Instead the english text will be used and the problematic strings will be listed in the log similar to strings using mismatched parameters.
- When generating new worlds and when loading save files previous to this changelist, all Abyssalite will take on the temperature of their surrounding cells.
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265724 - 4/25/2018
- Fix for crash that could occur when loading/generating a world with abyssalite surrounded by vacuum.
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 265826 - 4/26/2018
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using a translation that had unexpected <link> tags compared to the english version which could cause <link> tag nesting which is unsupported by Text Mesh Pro.
- Doors should properly melt instead of providing free resources.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when wearing a suit, a hat, an outfit, carrying a piece of ore and working at a building which had special effects as part of it's animation which would end up using too many texture atlases.
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 266019 - 4/27/2018
- Fix Drip Cooling. In liquid density settling code we should've been calculating average temperature, not average energy which caused a rapid loss of energy.
- Abyssalite should now ignore neutronium when averaging the temperature of nearby cells during world generation.
- Fixed a bug where elements with zero thermal conductivity were conducting.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a helmet was destroyed.
- Fixed the chewing sound on the adult hatch and added a chewing sound to the hatch babies.
- Added some baby movement and inhale sounds to the Puft/Slickster.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the contents of a pipe froze as the pipe was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the energy being passed from the conduit contents to the pipe was inverted.
- Creature Lure should no longer crash on deconstruct.
- Algae Habitats now have an empty chore which allows them to drop their bottles on the ground even if there is no bottle emptier.
- Algae habitat no longer allows removal directly from storage.
- Increased bottle emptier speed.
- Fish eating from a storage locker notify the locker that it's contents have been changed so that the feeder gets properly refilled and things like the transfer arms can detect that it needs refilling.
- Fish feeder should properly restore it's contents to the bottom of the feeder on load so that it's reachable by the fishes.
- Baby hatches should no longer attempt to make jumps they can't reach.
- Sandbox clear floor tool will not delete items in storage
- Sandbox mode now has toggleable instant build mode.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the 2147483646 world seed due to the Mono Random function crashing when using a value of int.Min.
- Creature wrangling now respects priority. You can also see the priority toolbar if you click on the creature.
- Thermal conductivity displayed on the properties panel for insulated/radiant buildings should now take into account those buildings modifiers.
- Eggs spawned from tame creatures should now be tame.
- Babies spawned from tame eggs should now be tame.
- Adults spawned from tame babies should now be tame.
- Duplicants can be spawned from the sandbox spawner menu.
- Added official Russian translation(beta).
[BETA PREVIEW HOTFIX] 266094 - 4/27/2018
- Scaled down the thermal conductivity multiplier of radiant pipes.
- Fixed a bug where bottles being dropped by wash basins would get stuck in the air.