As we know life always finds a way, and it seems the colony is no different. At lodng last, the critters of the asteroid have begun sustaining themselves thanks to the Ranching Upgrade Mark I. When a critter's needs are all met and they're kept in the right conditions, they can now lay brand new eggs. These can be incubated to hatch new critters, or just used as a delicious source of protein (shh, don't tell them!).
There have also been several other exciting discoveries: The Duplicants have finally gotten their priorities straight with new Priority and Urgency systems, and have begun compiling an extensive Database of useful knowledge about their world! Just in time too, because new geological disturbances have appeared which may require further investigation...
If you're interested, you can help us test this new content for the next two weeks before it goes live. As always we appreciate your feedback, so please share your thoughts and opinions on the Suggestions Forum. Thank-you!
What does this preview contain so far?
The following content is available in the Ranching Upgrade Mark I preview:
- New Ranching Gameplay
- New Rancher job
- Critter wrangling
- Critter needs and conditions
- Critter reproduction (Eggs!)
- Critter Feeders
- Grooming Stations
- Critter relocation buildings now lower tech
- Extended descriptions for many entries
- Added more controls for job prioritization
- Renamed errand priority "Urgency" to distinguish from individual Duplicant priorities
- Added optional auto-prioritization for job-related errands
- More geysers in each new world
- Variable outputs and dormancy cycles
For more information and instructions on how to access the preview build check out the post on the official forums: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/88444-ranching-upgrade-mark-i-preview-now-available-258691
HOTFIX - 258798
- Morbs should once again spit out polluted oxygen.
- Wrangle tool now displays hover text if you try to wrangle a creature which cannot be wrangled.
- Hatches should now properly display the 'buried object' marker when spawned inside of a solid tile. This change requires a new world to be generated.
- Hatches should no longer 'freak out' when landing
- Creature info panels should now display what is required to capture the creature
- Build menu should no longer be offset when creating a new game
- Rancher job now has a ranching perk
- Main menu should no longer stutter when you have lots of save files.
- Duplicants can no longer rangle burried hatches.
- Creatures should now consume the appropriate amount of calories every cycle.