We can’t wait for you all to check out our Tournaments Beta on Steam this week. Before you hop into Rocket League's ‘February Madness,’ however, we have some additional details and tips for you to keep in mind while enjoying the new feature.
We will be gathering feedback on the /r/RocketLeague subreddit all throughout the beta -- please drop by and let us know about any issues that you run into. You can also use #RLTournamentsBeta on Twitter to talk about your experience in the beta, call out issues, and more!
Reminder: This Tournaments Beta is only available on Steam. Players on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will not be able to access the Tournaments Beta.
Beta start time: Wednesday February 21 (today!), 10am PST (1pm EST/7pm CET)
Beta end time: Friday February 23, 5pm PST (8pm EST/2am CET on February 24)
How to Access the Beta
- Go to your Steam Library on your computer and right-click Rocket League
- Choose ‘Properties,’
- Click the ‘BETAS’ tab in the pop-up window
- Select ‘Tournaments Beta’ from the drop-down list
- After closing the pop-up window, your Steam client will update Rocket League to the beta.
- If you don’t see the Tournaments Beta option under the ‘BETAS’ tab at the start time, try restarting Steam or your PC after the beta begins.
‘Beta’ Rocket League vs ‘Live’ Rocket LeagueAs you’re hopping into your first tournament, remember that the Tournaments Beta has limited functionality outside of the new Tournaments feature compared to the ‘live’ version of Rocket League that you normally play on PC. Some of the differences and limitations you should keep in mind are:
- The Tournaments Beta has no online matchmaking outside of the Tournaments environment
- You cannot trade with other players, trade up items, or use Crates and Keys in the Tournaments Beta build
- You will have access to most of your item inventory, but some newer items (e.g.: some items from the Velocity Crate) may not appear. This is normal, and those items are still in your inventory in the ‘live’ version of Rocket League
- Some of your settings may not carry over to the Tournaments Beta
- You may see a preview of some new content or features (like expanded color options) in the Tournaments Beta
- Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\SaveData\DBE_Production
- ~/Library/Application Support/Rocket League/TAGame/SaveData/DBE_Production/
- ~/.local/share/Rocket League/TAGame/SaveData/DBE_Production/
Tournaments Beta Known IssuesLike any test, you may encounter some quirks and stability issues during the Tournaments Beta. Some of these include…
- Crashing if you leave a Tournament early before your series of matches has concluded
- Occasional crash when you leave a tournament
- You can run ‘Hoops’ tournaments, but there may be stability issues throughout
- Tournament messaging appearing after you ‘Unsubscribe’ from a Tournament
- Audio bugs when entering a match or training
- Issues when multiple party members try to join a tournament at once
- Join match loops if a user or split-screen user are removed from a tournament team
- Third-party mods/programs may cause the Tournaments Beta to crash