Hey everybody, and welcome to the Tubular Upgrade! The Oxygen Not Included team is going on holiday break so we're squeezing in an early smaller update before we go on vacation. We'll resume our normal update schedule when we return in January.
Advanced tube technology has been introduce to the world of Oxygen Not Included as a new tier of transportation, above ladders and fire poles. Using refined plastics, you can now craft new Tube buildings throughout your base and drastically improve travel time while sending your Dupes on a ride.
- Transit Tubes: New Transit Tubes, Transit Accesses, and Tube Crossings have been added to help your Duplicants zoom from place to place in futuristic style. Tubular!
- Ice Sculptures: Build new glittering ice sculptures in your base for a well-earned decor boost... but be sure to turn the thermostat down.
- Berry Sludge: A "delicious" new recipe has been whipped up at the Microbe Musher, creating a sludge of mashed up berries with an exceptionally long spoilage time.
- QOL, performance enhancements, and more: This will, as usual, address many important bug fixes and game crashes, but more importantly it will drastically improve frame rate and functionality in late game saves or bases that met certain conditions (like a great deal of items in storage, for example). Those who saw frame rate crawl in earlier games should see a major change, so get back out there and push the limits of your base expansion!
What are the system requirements?
Specs are likely to change, but currently these are the requirements we have. It is highly recommended that you do not purchase if you aren't over this spec as we may have to raise the spec in the future.
- OS: Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit
- Processor: I5 2.0 GHz Dual core(or AMD equivalent)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (AMD or NVIDIA equivalent)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1.5 GB available space
How often can we expect new updates while you're in Early Access?
All new content is being released as part of our regular game Upgrades every six weeks. Check the update timer in the main menu to see how long to go until the next update!
Is there OSX support for this game?
What about Linux?
What about other platforms(consoles/mobile)?
There are no plans to support any other platforms at this time.
I found a bug/have a suggestion. What should I do?
Come let us know about it on the forums!
Will there be multiplayer?
There are currently no plans to add multiplayer.
Our 6 week Upgrade schedule will resume in the New Year, and our next update after the Tubular Upgrade will land on February 8th.
Thank you again for supporting our game, and happy holidays from everyone at Klei!
View full update
[Game Update] 247173 - 12/15/2017
- Fix issue where Duplicants would incorrectly compute paths
- Fix crash that could occur when exiting to the main menu
- Layering fixes for Tubes and Tube Tiles
- Fix bad text for Compostables
- Fix autosave names getting infinitely long and crashing
- Updated artwork for the Transit Tube Access
- Tube Access meter loads correctly
- Fix crash when typing a '.' in to a number input
- Correct layout of the audio options screen
- Diamond can now be stored under the "Miscellaneous" category
- Clicking outside the world no longer crashes the game
- Fix for open doors destroying contained elements
[Game Update] 247630 - 12/19/2017
- tube wall bridge only allows travel along the main axis, not all 4 directions
- fixed another crash that could occur when using logic to control doors