The game should update automatically through Steam. If you have switched to a beta branch, don't forget to opt out now! On the other hand, if you are concerned with mod compatibility and need to stay on the older version of the game for a time, there are still branches available on Steam giving you access to previous game versions. Update for non-Steam legacy edition of the game and VR-compatible beta build of the game may take a few additional days to get ready.
- New Generation Scania R-Series and S-Series trucks
With almost two man-years invested in building the new vehicle models and implementing them into the game since the start of the year, this is our most detailed truck ever created.
- Map improvements - city of Milano was completely remade, the whole northern part of Italy improved
We refreshed the old part of Italy which is already present in the base game to make it fit better with the quality of the upcoming Italia DLC. Consider it a sneak-peek into what it is going to be like.
- Overhaul of navigation algorithms
New navigation code has been introduced in American Truck Simulator already and it is a huge change that required major programming effort and ended up being a large improvement over the old one. The navigation is now capable of sending the driver back along the same stretch of the road if need be, which may seem trivial, but it actually required a total redesign of the underlying data structures. We are looking forward to your feedback on this.
- Time zones support
ETS2 now also supports time zones, which is going to be handy for further growth of the map. For now, this change will be affecting the UK only, since other ETS2 countries are in the same time zones.
- ZF-16 transmission supporting upcoming DLC for all trucks that missed similar one
- Map fitted to correct projection (more exact environment behavior), map panning option
- Multi-torque engines support (used in DAF engines 2017)
- Basic engine and transmission info in quick job truck tooltip
- Trailers with country restrictions are towed only to services in given countries
- Further polish to DAF, Volvo, and SCANIA trucks
- Tons of map tweaks and fixes in the base map and older map DLCs
- New luxury yacht cargo
TOOLS / MOD ACCESS
- New interactive tool for environmental lighting and weather setting (included in the editor)
- New interactive tool for traffic behavior and rules debugging (included in the editor)
- New scene preview tool (included in the editor)
- New navigation parameters in map data
- Assistance service parameters in economy data