I think y'all are going to really like this one! This update has been months in the making, with updates to many of Black Ice's core systems, a ton of added content, and literally too many bug fixes to list. Let's get into it!
- World Overhaul - The world is now hand-crafted, with lots of verticality, secrets to find, and lots more fun areas to kill things in. More details in the patch preview.
- Arena Servers - Two boss arenas in which you must fight *inside* the server! More to come!
- Drastically Enhanced Mobility - Double Jumps are now standard, and you can grab ledges and climb up on anything!
- AI Update - The AI have never been better at climbing, chasing, jumping, and hunting you down.
- UI Overhaul - The UI is in the process of being completely redone, by a real artist instead of me this time!
- Powerups! - The world now has fun little powerups or items to discover, including a 2-minute movespeed buff, items, and XP!
- Controller Vibration
- When multihacking, enemies can kill each other and level up, retaining XP
- Motion Blur - try turning this to about 8 (or max!) in video options. Off by default.
- Ranged enemies try to hide after firing
- Melee enemies try to flank
- Enemies can be seen through walls after a hack is completed
- Increased the number of supported controllers
- Aim Assist is drastically enhanced
- Tutorial Overhaul
- Added Triple Jump unique
- Lots of little visual updates!
- The player now automatically gets +5% damage per level (up to level 50)
- The Damage Returned perk now also increased DR range
- Hack Links are no longer visible except for Lasbreakers (to account for the new terrain)
- Leveling is faster! Talents are twice as effective, but the limit is now at 50 points
- Condensed talent list to six options (much less confusing for new players)
- Aimbot projectile slowed to encourage dodging
- Reduced Aimbot and Scorporation damage
- All icebreakers have longer range
- Homing is drastically enhanced
- Reduced the number of affixes per rarity on items (so each feels more unique)
- Reduced the number of items dropped by dropping XP instead of a third item
- Shotguns fire more projectiles
- Shotguns and Snipers are now slower and have an attack speed cap (making them feel more like shotguns and snipers)
- Shotguns now have damage falloff, but do much more damage at close range
- Rocket splash radius increased to 2m
- Normal lasers are now sometimes Orange, green, purple, and blue, in addition to red
- Teleport items no longer go through buildings, but can still go through enemies/players
- Teleport visual upgrades (which are disabled during Photosensitive mode for those who get motion sick)
- Servers stay solid after hacking (so you can still climb on them!)
- Added a few new random hacker names
- Piercing projectiles now only go through enemies but not walls (except for railguns, for now)
- Enemies will respawn if they get stuck
- Knockback effects on the player have been reduced (to prevent the player from clipping through some walls)
- Loot now drops toward the player
- Other minor balance changes
- Multiplayer stability improvements
- Aimbots can now properly fire all machine gun / sniper / weapon projectile types
- Hardcore mode should function properly
- Disco Deathball now syncs properly in multiplayer
- Holding tab in a multiplayer game now properly pauses all items
- Monitor resolution should make more sense
- Toggle sprint option works a lot better now
- Music now properly resets on death and going to the main menu
- Loot cubes from shops and missiles from shotguns are no longer deafening
- Many more!
- The game sometimes crashes on quit. I'm still working on figuring this out, but it doesn't affect your save.
- The SHARK is on a vacation, but will return!
Would you like to know more?As always, I'd love to hear your suggestions, so please post on the forums, email me, or check out the Black Ice Twitter for the latest updates!
That's all, folks!