With the new and improved Battle System, the combat is now more responsive and fluid than ever before!
You’re able to charge your attack to do massive damage to whatever stands in your way! Moving freely while charging your Power Attack allows for a more tactical approach to hunting.
You can now throw any equipped weapon – which is really useful for dealing damage to your opponents from a distance. Furthermore, you can now lock onto enemies during combat, which improves your general aim.
We’ve also added a few improvements to the way you use throws – for example, RMB no longer acts as a dedicated throwing button. You still can throw items out of your inventory with the T button, so you’ll be able to share resources (or hit your friend in the face with some human meat) any time you want.
Along with an updated Battle System, 0.8 features minor quality-of-life improvements and general bug fixes. The full list can be seen below:
- Added Power Attack
- Added the ability to throw equipped weapon
- Added Lock-on
- Players are now able to fully rebind keyboard controls
- Picked up weapons are now automatically equipped into an empty slot
- Throwing Stones now work differently – they act as an equippable item and can now be used in melee combat as well
- Changed the way player throws items out of inventory – which is now done with the T button
- Flare gun radius increased – it now opens twice as many tiles on the map
- A tamed animal no longer gets hungrier while the player’s off the main map (in a bunker/cavern/other special location)
- Fixed a resource gathering issue that caused Vivian to gather less resources
- Fixed a bug where quest items would reappear after a player has re-joined the server
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to use regeneration seats without opening the Rec Room door
- Fixed a bug which caused items to float in air after a player’s death
- Fixed a bug which caused an in-game item to not disappear from the map on pick up
We hope you enjoy checking out the new update, while we continue working on The Wild Eight and enhancing the player experience. Check back for more details real soon!
If you played The Wild Eight enough to know if you would recommend it, we’d love for you to leave a quick review. Cheers!
The Wild Eight development team is hard at work on improving the game experience, as well as adding new features and slowly, but surely bringing the game closer to its final state. Like the game? Have any feedback on ways how to improve our game? Be sure to leave a quick review, which will greatly help us make a better game. Cheers!