Treadnauts Patch Notes v.0.45
UPDATE 2/18/2018: "The Lightspeed Update"
In this update, we've brought you a new and improved matchmaking system that will make it much easier to find a game.
We've also got THREE new modifiers, and guess what--they all work online! No level requirement for these--go nuts!
In addition, we've fixed a bunch of bugs, especially those related to stability issues while matchmaking or picking characters in the Online lobby.
- Matchmaking now searches in nearby regions as well as your own, greatly improving odds of finding a match
- Lasers, Stealth Mode, and Split Shot are now available as modifiers!
- A new modifier preset, "Stealth Mission", is now available!
- Added Lasers to the "Astronauts" modifier preset
- You can now see other players' country flags in the online lobby
- The 13th map in each zone now properly shows up in rotation! If you want, you can pretend like we just added 4 new maps!
- Bullets can now be skipped on water online
- Improved online player syncing while underwater
- Fixed an issue on Mac where screens (such as in the tutorial or Wave District) would turn white and become unreadable
- Fixed online players sometimes falling off of surfaces before a match begins
- You can no longer break your own shield while self-kills are turned off
- Players no longer get reset to weird angles when a new player joins an online lobby
- Fixed online players frequently sorting in front of things they shouldn't be
- Sticky Grenades can no longer be turned on via the random button in Online mode
- Landing on the Science Ball while someone else owns it now properly sets it to your color
- Fixed an issue where the Science Ball zap sound effect could persist forever
- Fixed an issue where backing out of a matchmaking search right as you found a match would cause you to get trapped in a match by yourself
- Panel camo now displays properly if a player dropped in before you connected to an online lobby
- Fixed an issue where multiple characters could be dropped in at once by mashing the button
- Fixed bugged shot effects in the online lobby that would linger forever
- Fixed an issue where a tank could drop in without a player, causing bugged visual effects
- Fixed an issue where two or more players could end up in control of the same panel in the lobby
- Improved Science Ball syncing online
- Fixed visual errors related to usernames on the scoreboard
- Status text in the matchmaking lobby now says "Searching for Game" while the master is queueing with a buddy
- Fixed a small text bug for non-English languages in online lobbies
We've got an exciting week ahead. Now is a great time to join our Discord channel, make some friends, and play some Treadnauts matches online!
See you there!